So meet my new Liberty Wild Flowers Alder.
(Please excuse the lily white legs. They haven't seem sunlight for months!)
Despite my complete love for this frock, from the outset this dress was doomed and almost didn't survive. To begin with I only purchased 1.4m of fabric. Even for me, this is taking scant fabric purchasing to the next level. Had I have even glanced at the post for my first Alder, I would have seen that I barely had a scrap from 1.6m. Thankfully with some very clever pattern placement, I figured I could make it work.
That was until I started to cut the fabric. You see, I did that during one of my very precious kid free days during the recent school holidays. I hadn't been well and rather than sew like a mad woman, I decided to chill out and cut this dress while watching a movie.
BIG mistake! I found myself so distracted that I seriously effed up the cutting and ended up with the collar, back yoke and dress back with a seam line running through it!!! I also didn't have enough fabric to cut the undercollar... again.
Thankfully, the fabric is very forgiving (and positively gorgeous!) and you really can not tell that the pieces weren't cut on the fold.
I really adore this dress and have already worn it to school with black tights and a merino tee for warmth.
I hope you have a great week. I've really got to finish my Frocktails outfit!!